Monday, June 6, 2011

Annie Sloan chalk paint side tables

So finally i have my side tables to show you.... well really i just have the finally picture of one of them since the other one is in my husbands office at work now ;) but they are exactly the same as far a paint goes. :)


For these pieces i was so excited to use annie sloans chalk paint and was equally thrilled with how great it was to work with!! First off you don't need to sand, prime or anything just paint it on virtually any surface and it will stick... secondly its ready to distress way fast and does it beautifully.

I found these tables on craigslist for free! like most of my redos i spend very little if anything at all on them. i love FREE :) 
here they are needing some TLC!


i watered down the Louise blue chalk paint a smidge and started painting away i used two coats. also i barley used any of the paint i have so much left! yay
(ignore my crappy brush here lol)

I then painted the old white chalk paint over the louise blue on some of the areas i saw fit

i also sanded down the tops cause i wanted to stain them and keep wood on top. (although they are not solid wood on top i still am very happy with how they turned out)



then i waxed it with a clear soft wax from annie sloan then sanded with a fine sand paper and a heavy sand paper. i also used a flat head screw driver to scrap of some parts of the paint.



Then i  used annie sloans dark soft wax working with only a very little area and rubbing of with a wet towel. working fast and getting it in the grooves!


then i just used the old pulls and there ya have it! 
(SIDE NOTE) I also got to go to one of my favorite things of the year!the rose and rust vintage home and garden show its in a big barn on a ton of beaitful land with horses all around. It was raining this time and parts where out side the barn it was hilarious how funny my hair looked by the end! i walked around for over a couple hours and was pretty wet but it was vintage heaven so who cares it wasn't a fashion show right?! :)

Well i got a huge wood ladder, painted white chair, a little egg basket, a white hook also that day i found a antiques brass chandelier from spain (at another place in redding) for 20 bucks! woot
so here is what i did with them and the side table..








so there ya have it :) now hopefully this rain stops and i can get some more furniture done! i have a huge lot to do :-) cant wait to get my hands on it.

blessings!! 

im linked up to these parties

21 comments:

Amber and Brad said...

Beautiful Job! Love it.

Junky Jen said...

Those are fantastic!! I have been wanting to try the paint but I am too tight!!lol It looks to be worth it though!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Oh so french chic! The color combo is perfect and I love the impact of the entire vignette.

Thanks for linking to "MeetMe On Monday".

Take care,
Lisa

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

These turned out beautiful! So French...love them!

Gigi said...

Great job! I love that you gave us pictures of each step. I have versailles and olive chalk paint that I haven't even opened yet!

I'm your newest follower; hope you stop over and my blog and follow me, too!

P.S. My new baby grandson is named Cruz!

Pia @HiddenCharm.net said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! found you from Serendipity Chic- and now I'm a new follower. GREAT job!!
~Pia

Unknown said...

Found your blog over at Elements Interior and glad I did you did a great job on those tables... Love them... Your newest follower :)

Pattie
The Shabby Chick

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful!!! i love the weatherd look and colors on these pieces, and the dark wood top is a knockout!!!
thanks for sharing!

Renee said...

Gorgeous! I really love what you've done with those tables.

Emily@LovelyBeasts said...

Wow the tables look great (even better that they were free!) and I love how you put everything together with the ladder, chandelier, and French chair. Amazing!

Following you now. Hope you follow me too :).

Emily
http://lovelybeasts.blogspot.com

Marianne said...

Your tables came out great...don't you just love chalk paint.
Marianne :)

Nichole said...

Good job! You never cease to amaze me. I love the ladder/chandelier combo. Yay for it being nice now so you can do more! :)

charis said...

looks so great! you did an awesome job. you have a great eye for the potential in something.

my recent post: how to find true joy

Stephanie said...

The tables look awesome - GREAT JOB! And I love the chandy hanging from the ladder!

At The Picket Fence said...

How absolutely gorgeous! The tables and the entire vignette you have created in that corner are just beautiful. We are so glad you shared it with us this week at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

WhyCuzICan said...

Really a sweet and soft redo of those tables :) Nice job!

Visting from MMS Linky Party today,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

Richelle Nicole said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I can't believe you got those side tables for free! Time to stalk craigslist. lol. I'm following you now, thanks for sharing.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

So beautiful! Love the camera shots. Nice job. Found you via Redoux. Pop on over for a visit when you get a moment. Tootles, Kathryn
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-do-you-see.html

MissPrissyville said...

This is so pretty! Your vignette is set up so pretty as well. Joined your site today...which is great by-the-way!

Katherines Corner said...

they turned out lovely! Well done.I hopped over from the feathered nest hop and so happy I did. Hugs!

James E Lutz said...

Superb post. Thanks for sharing.office furniture wynwood