Thursday, April 28, 2011

french dresser

Here is my newest redo



So i bought this dresser about 1-2 years ago and it has needed a makeover bad!! i started out by painting a brown over it so the gold and yellow wouldn't show through to much.



 then i put wax from a yummy smelling candle on the parts i wanted the cream paint to come off easily. the yummy part was just a bonus ;)


 then i took 3 coats of creamy flat white paint (not chalk paint yet i had already bought the paint for this one a long time ago) to cover this bad boy! 







*then i put a clear soft wax with a great brush. then sanded it and distressed it with both fine and rough paper.


Then i used dark soft wax (very little) just mainly getting it in the cracks and only doing a area of about 4 inches at a time so it wouldn't get to dark. and rubbing a lot with a old pair of tights haha.
here is the before picture ( probably the best before picture ever ;) i couldn't find the other one so you get this one of my newborn shoot of our cruz :) 

Heres the after





24 comments:

Katie Riddle said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Oh, I love it.

Nichole said...

That's a big project! Good job!!

Camille said...

LEAH!!! The set up looks amazing-- like out of a magazine. i love it. I need to see it in real life

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Wow Leah! This turned out beautifully!

Decor & Harmony said...

What a beauty! You did a terrific job :)

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

So pretty! And the baby picture is adorable haha!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I love this! Love it! It's absolutely dreamy and beautiful! Sharing this on Facebook~ Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

leah mari said...

thank you ladies! :)

charis said...

i love it!!!!

my recent post: david wilkerson and a call to anguish

Anne Boykin said...

Gorgeous job!

the modern cottage said...

Beautiful, I love it. I am trying to add you to my daily reads but my blog is being temperamental today.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hi Leah...I found you in my row at Inspiration Friday. This dresser is incredible! You must have a great deal of patience to be able to complete a project like this...so many steps. I am way impressed! Your blog is lovely...I'm a new follower. Come visit my blog if you have time...I am hosting a giveaway and would love for you to enter. ~Ann

Unknown said...

It‘s so nice that I found your blog linking on Funky Junk Interiors. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

Take care
Tine

At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely stunning Leah! Beyond gorgeous! I appreciate you sharing exactly how you painted the dresser. I would love to take on some projects like this. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!

Heather

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That is a stunning makeover. You really made it look perfect! Your accessories are really pretty too!

Cassie Bustamante said...

is it pathetic that my heart started racing when i saw it? i mean it... it is just so gorgeous!!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great impact piece! You did a wonderful job.

Debra said...

Very pretty. I just love the way it turned out.

Ali Richardson said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous! Great job! Just popping in from POWW :)

Deborah March said...

SPECTACULAR transformation...and beautiful wee baby too...

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

WOW! AWESOME!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

So pretty - so inspiring! Thanks for sharing how you did it!

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

Your dresser makeover is to die for! Wow! Great job!!

Christina said...

Leah, I'm wondering where you got your chalk paint. I found a website and with shipping it's around $50 for one can. Is there a local place you buy? If you buy online and pay that much, is chalk paint worth it? :)

Thanks!!