Saturday, March 5, 2011

its been MOVING WEEK

As you may know we got the key last friday but we were not able to go to the house till sat.
Our 7 year old son judah open the door, it was a great moment :)we are so excited to be in our house and so far it is just the perfect fit!

We have been soo busy unpacking all week. I have had some great help unpacking the kitchen and our closet! 

I have been kinda stressed that this house would be come cluttered and that we would be keeping things that just take up space and stuff we dont need. So as i have been unpacking i have been purging and loving it! i never thought i would say that. Look at my huge pile of stuff so far that we are giving away!
I have been a very sentimental pack rat my whole life haha. i still have my many keepsake boxes but at least its organized now! :)

Also after seeing this huge pile of more clothes that needed to be put away i knew we had too many cloths! for a family of 6!
It took about 6 hours to fold hang purge and put away it all
Im so glad that part is done!
so i have finished unpacking everyroom with exception of a couple boxes and thee office.
Isabella loves her room :)






I havent really started to decorate anything yet im just trying to get stuff unpacked first :)


but by far my most proud unpacking moment is the playroom/ craftroom!! 


Its was so overwhelming i still cringe thinking about it lol

im also loving all the storage in this house! we have tons of extra space for things! 
this is one side of our laundry room storage


I cant wait to start getting back to my furniture redos! i was right in the middle of a couple and am itching to get back to it! also to start decorating every room! oh so fun! but first things first FINISH THIS UNPACKING!! :)


oh and i must show you this amazing find my wonderful friend and amazing photographer myriah grubbs  found on the side of the road i still need to go pick it up from her but its so great. i have been wanting a kitchen island to redo and this is so perfect.



7 comments:

Rachel said...

Already your house looks so home-y! I love being a "keeper of the home" as my mom says. It sounds like you've been busy doing that, and doing it well, I might add!

svanhoesen said...

Oh leah, its lovely! I am so proud and excited for you! It is coming together beautifully,...I can't wait to see it fully decorated:)

Mwah! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

wow Leah!! I loove your new home! I am so glas everything came together for you guys! I can't wait to see what else you do!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Congrats on the new home! The kitchen looks terrific! Even without decorating I already see treasures. The ruffle lamp and the bench by the front door are great. Oh and so is the curbside island!

Nichole said...

Sooooo cute! Havyn is asking me for another page of Bella. lol.

charis said...

i love it! can't wait to come visit! um, neither can asher. haha

The Painted Home said...

congrats!!! what a great feeling!
d e n i s e