Saturday, March 12, 2011

so much progress!

Well we have made so much progress on the house! But we took on the garage which it is looking so great but more stuff came into the house to organize haha. so i still have that stuff more to do. I did how ever get to start on and finish a couple redos today. The hubs is gone for ten days so we will see how much more i get done ;).  Not sure if you remember that very mildewy free chair. well i finished it and have pictures to show.
Here it is :)

And here it was before 
I had to sand it down and clean the mildew off then remove all the rusty staples and pray i didnt stab my self!


Then i painted it white the sanded it and dinged it up... stabbed it with a screw driver.. hit it....
then used a glaze and sealed it with a rub on poly. I used a vintage burlap sack to recover it. I had to hand wash it and hang it out to dry first cause it was sooooo smelly!

  but it washed up great and im really happy how it turned out. Here are a few more pictures!


cruz wanted mommy to pick him up! (i did :) )

I just want to post a couple other pictures from today too of the kiddos there just so cute if i do say so my self :) silly isabella
My sweet diego :)



My judah man and his cute smile :)




And just had to take a picture of this... my sweet baby girl in my favorite new room :)

I also finished my side table using milk paint... post soon to come!


and one more picture of us on move in day :)

also i got featured at for my french chair















yay!

im linked up to these fun linkie party

type a decorating
restore interiors  

18 comments:

Cat said...

Leah I LOVE this!!! You may just be my 'refurbishing' hero. :) if you ever need an intern......;) lol..

tam lee x said...

You have the most beautiful family :) I love the chair and am seriously jealous of your kitchen, but the kiddos really steal the spotlight in this post. They all have the most amazing eyes

Anonymous said...

awesome job once again!!! I love the picture of the six of you!!! :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

number 1- the chair looks awesome! number 2- you take amazing photos... gorgeous family and gorgeous pictures!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Great job on the chair!! Love the burlap. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Hyphen Interiors said...

P.S. You have a beautiful family.

Tammy @ Type A said...

i would love it if you shared this at my party, it goes from tues-thurs. http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/

Tammy @ Type A said...

thanks for sharing this at my party! the chair couldn't be more perfect!

charis said...

great job on the chair! i don't think i would have had that much vision for it to scrub off the mildew. you made it a beauty!

Sommer said...

LOVE IT! I really want my entire dining room full of these at some point. You knocked it out of the park! I'd love to have you join my VIP party friday @ www.designergarden.blogspot.com

Becca Bertotti said...

I'm super, super impressed with all of the hard work you put into this almost forgotten chair! I know it's singing with joy that you saved it, and made it absolutely beautiful! I'm your newest follower! *Becca*

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a great redo on this chair! I love the chair to begin with but with that darling seat- fantastic!! Would love if you would come by and share at my Friday decorating party sometime! Nice to meet you! :)

Sommer said...

Hey Leah this is so beautiful! You are so talented. Thanks for linking this up to the party this week.

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

So creative! IN LOVE with this chair! Love this post...thank you for linking up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you tomorrow:)

xoxokara

Connie said...

Never would have thought of burlap but I love it!! Great tutorial...new follower btw--connie, measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Nicely done on the chair along with some very cute kids as well!

Nelda said...

Love the burlap as a chair cover. Nice job! Your kids are SOOOOO adorable! How could anyone resist that tear on Cruz' face?

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

OMJealous. Thats all there is to say about that. And your family is beautiful! Thanks for linking up!

Love your guts
mandi